|XXXX Xxxxxxxxx Xxxxx, Xxxxxxxxxx, GA XXXXX
An award winning finance professional with specialized training in the use of advanced
analytical techniques for managerial decision making and extensive experience in P&L
analysis, forecasting, reporting, project management, & modeling in the health care,
insurance, & telecommunications industries. A results producer who manages top
performing teams, cross functional projects, & collaborates with colleagues at all levels to
provide financial data that supports real world decisions & favorably impact revenue &
|2001 to Present
August 2010 to Present
Executes complex finance project tasks to drive effective efficiencies across the company’s
15 commercial FP&A entities. Essential duties include, but are not limited to: creating
complex, standardized models, tools, & reports; ensuring activities are performed to
accomplish company goals; & participating in the development of procedures, internal
controls, budgets, & systems.
- Developed and implemented innovative, homogeneous forecasting models for $29
billion in annual premiums & 35 million medical and specialty members using complex
functions, formulas, & Visual Basic for Applications to drive triple-digit return on
- Created a consistent financial close package for executive management across 15
- Designed a data extract process & tool to meet customer deadlines for a critical
response to an explanation of benefits mailing error.
Finance Team Lead
Provided decision support & analysis to the President of BlueCross BlueShield of Georgia as
Team Lead for a forecasting team of several senior financial analysts by managing workflow,
reviewing department products, and being responsible for the forecasting process.
Responsible for the consolidation and accurate forecasting of over $2 billion in annual
operating revenue & over 1 million medical members. Partnered with local management to
meet business goals & achieve financial success. Key deliverables featured monthly
reporting, variance analysis, and creation of annual and quarterly budgets. Prime analyst for
high level intermittent forecasts & Three Year Plan forecasts.
- Managed the creation & implementation of custom forecasting models for enrollment,
revenue, claims, and commissions.
- Served as Project Manager & finance prime for Georgia’s major business unit
- Increased leadership ability & working relationships by representing Georgia at
Frontline/Leadership managerial conferences.
- Expanded the knowledge of team members by providing expertise, guidance, &
Provided P&L forecasting, variance analysis, and monthly reporting to major business unit
General Managers. Trusted partner for enrollment, revenue, claims, commissions, &
administrative expenses. Prepared multiple interval forecasts for annual revenue of over
$1billion, over 500 thousand members, & approximately $34 million in administrative
expenses for a 400+ employee organization. Performed ad hoc projects as needed.
- Increased forecasting accuracy by developing a revenue forecasting methodology and
model that was subsequently adopted by the division at the request of the CFO.
- Served as the Project Manager to create a cross functional, standardized monthly
actual reporting database and implement an efficient forecasting model based in
- Developed & beta tested a revenue extraction method that was implemented in the
revenue accounting department to replace an unreliable process..
- Supervised temporary employees in their daily tasks & provided training to new
|1997 to 2001
August 2000 to July 2001
Provided 30/60/90 day, product level revenue forecasting to the Marketing Operations
executive team for the US customer base. Increased revenue by as much as $1 million per
month through Order Backlog analysis. Financial data prime.
- Prepared monthly & quarterly forecasts for annual revenue of $175M.
- Exceeded 80% monthly forecast accuracy target.
- Improved efficiencies related to financial systems and data extractions.
Provided accounting & financial support for a 1,200+ employee, Engineering & Installation
organization. Responsible for approximately $120 million in departmental spending, variance
analysis, cost of sales allocations, and the accurate tracking of product line training
giveaways. Executed monthly close journal entries that impacted departments, balance
sheet accruals, & cost accounts.
- Increased training giveaway approval response time by 50%.
- Served as member of 99K Process Improvement Team.
- Trained incoming analysts.
- Supported and created regional $15M+ departmental budget with over 150 employees.
- Effectively analyzed variances related to $800M+ revenue budget.
- Authored articles on effective spending habits for the region’s monthly employee
Provided introductory accounting and financial support for the finance manager, regional
management, sales force, and customer service.
Ricards International Inc., Silver Spring, MD
Office of Minority Health Resource Center
One of twenty high school students accepted into the Montgomery County Internship
Program. The program gave students the opportunity to spend their last semester in high
school working 30+ hours at local business, instead of attending regular on-campus classes,
to become familiar with corporate America.
- Recognized in 2008 by the Vice-President of Local Group Finance with an Impact Award
for developing, programming, and implementing several standardized reports for the
- Recognized in 2008 by the President of BlueCross BlueShield of Georgia with an Impact
Award for rapid response to an explanation of benefits mailing error.
- Recognized in 2007 by the Vice President of Local Group Finance with a Stock Award for
outstanding performance as one of the top three analysts in a finance organization of
- Received the 2003 BlueCross BlueShield of Georgia Honor Award from the CFO for
providing exceptional service .
- Received the 2003 WellPoint Excellence in Forecasting Award for outstanding
achievement in forecasting accuracy.
- Recognized in 2002 & 2003 by the General Manager of Consumer Services with an
Impact Award for outstanding preparation of the Annual Plan.
- Received the 2001 Nortel Networks Contribution Award for innovative process solutions.
Provided accounting & financial support to the Vice President of Sales & the Vice President
of Customer Service regarding revenue, orders received, margins, expenses, & receivables
activity. Responsible for budgeting, variance analysis, order backlog, contract analysis, asset
control, balance sheet activity, & receivables initiatives. Performed monthly close journal
entries that impacted departments & balance sheet accruals.
- Ranked in the top 8% of the best part-time M.B.A. programs in the nation by US News & World Report.
- Listed among the five best part-time M.B.A. programs in the South by BusinessWeek.
Sr. Financial Analyst
|1993 to 1996 (Summer Only)
Finance Project Consultant
|April 2008 to August 2010
Provided decision support & analysis to the Enterprice Portfolio Management Organization
(EPMO) and to the Investment Priority Council (IPC) regarding the company’s highest value
projects, initiatives, and programs. Essential duties include, but are not limited to: reporting
and data visualization of monthly and quarterly metrics, deep dive analysis of key indicators,
and financial modeling of project activities.
- Developed and implemented a custom analysis package to provide insightful statistics
to senior management.